Planning a wedding can seem like climbing Mount Everest with all the to-dos and decisions that have to be made.
If you’re anything like me, I like to break my tasks into smaller more doable items. I love feeling accomplished when I get to check something off my list.
Here is a twelve month wedding planning checklist to get your preparations on the easy track!
- Set a date.
- Select your color palette and wedding style.
- Set a budget.
- Create your guest list
- Hire a wedding planner.
- Select your bridesmaids and groomsmen.
- Book your ceremony and reception venues.
- Hire your officiant.
- Book your photographer.
- Take your engagement photos.
- Book your caterer.
- Book your florist.
- Send out your save the date cards. Many couples use photos taken from their engagement session to design these.
- Find and buy your wedding dress.
- Pick your bridesmaids dresses.
- Find and book a wedding cake baker.
- Book your ceremony and reception entertainment. Orchestra, Violinist, DJ, or band.
- Create a bridal registry.
- Hire a calligrapher.
- Order your wedding invitations.
- Book your honeymoon.
- If buying formal wear, do this now. Otherwise, rent it seven days from the wedding date.
- Reserve any rental equipment for use to decorate the ceremony and reception sites.
- Mail out invitations.
- Finalize and purchase wedding party gifts.
- Finalize the rehearsal dinner.
- Book your hair and makeup artist.
- Finalize the wedding day timeline
- Final gown fitting.
- Bridal shower.
- Bachelorette party.
- Bachelor party.
- Get your marriage license.
- Check in with all your vendors to finalize and confirm all the details.
- Rent your formal wear.
- Rehearsal dinner.
Whew! There you go. It’s a big comprehensive list, but when it’s tackled in bite-sized pieces, it’s so doable.
Grab your free ideal wedding day timeline here!
If you like this, you may also like: