Focus Friday Vol. 8
Focus: (v.) to concentrate one’s attention.
Focus Friday Vol. 8 ~ A weekly recap and personal musings.
I’m not gonna pretend ya’ll…the week started a bit rough for me. A few disappointing events got me off to a rocky start on Monday and left me feeling a bit down. The Universe works in mysterious ways. After my lousy Monday, I had an email in my inbox with just the message I needed to hear. It read, “Keep working towards your BIG dreams, but remain content and committed right where you are in the moment.” Thank you, Julie Paisley, I felt like your words were meant just for me. I will admit that sometimes I struggle with being content with where I am. This statement pertains to my thoughts around my business and my craft. I can get impatient when my vision takes me longer than I want or turns in a direction I never saw coming. Although, that directions usually is the better path. Sometimes you just have to pick yourself up and move forward…am I right? So, forward I go…marching towards my BIG dreams.
Here’s how the week shook out:
- I photographed the cutest couple getting married next May! I can’t wait to share their session soon!
- I met with the sweetest bride getting married in Dripping Springs next March. I’m gonna repeat it again. The 2019 brides are planners! I love it!
- Today is Ethan’s 24th birthday. I’m sad he’s so far away, but so happy he’s doing so well. That’s all any parent wants for their children. I’ll be eating a piece of cake here in Texas in his honor!
- This is for all my makeup lovin’ ladies like me. I discovered a new favorite lipstick. It’s from Hourglass, and you can find it here. It’s a little pricier because the packaging is to die for but it’s refillable and not as spendy after that. The color is moist, creamy, long lasting, and doesn’t bleed! WIN!!!!
- The best piece of advice I heard all week. “Remember your why.” I’m just going to leave that there.
Until next time,
If you liked this, you might also like: